Family Histories

Family Histories for the Rose and Kirkpatrick Families

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday

One of the most amazing things that has happened since I began researching my family, has been the discovery of information and photos about my father's mother, who was adopted in the 1890's.  There was virtually no knowledge among the family, with the exception of when and where she was adopted and then went to live, about her life before she married.  Through ancestry.com and connections I've made with others there, we not only have a much clearer picture of her youth, but photographs of her as a baby and young woman. 

While we are still unsure of the circumstances of her birth and who her biological family was, through connections with her adopted sister's family, we've discovered more about their adoptive parents.  I'm thankful for the information that has been found so far and hopeful that there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment