Family Histories

Family Histories for the Rose and Kirkpatrick Families

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Old Photographs

I found hidden treasure, at least to my eyes, this weekend when visiting my parents.  My mother came across a photo album she thought I had seen and had copied all the photographs from, but there were actually dozens I didn't have any pictures of - so this is like Christmas!  I spent the remainder of the weekend copying pictures and downloading them to add to the family records. 

These are my mother's grandparents, Sarah and Farl Stroud, on their farm in Madison County, Arkansas, probably late 1910s - early 1920s.  I find it so amazing to look the faces of these people I am so closely connected to but never knew.  To get a little glimpse into their lives. The picture below shows my grandmother (far left), Sarah and Farl's daughter, with some friends - love this.  Since I never knew her as a young woman, it's wonderful to see these images.  So often, old pictures are so posed and stuffy and somber - how nice to see a group of young women laughing and having fun together.


I'm so thankful to have these - I really wish I had more for other branches of the family tree. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment