Family Histories

Family Histories for the Rose and Kirkpatrick Families

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Grandma's Charm Bracelet

I found this bracelet in with my grandmother's jewelry at my mother's house.  I've never seen it before, I imagine it was put away long ago.  The charms are for each of her grandchildren, with the child's name on one side and birth date on the other.   I'm the youngest child on it and two more were born after me, so I assume this bracelet was put away shortly after my birth.  I cleaned it up as best I could, although it's still a little dingy.  But a treasure, nevertheless.




2 comments:

  1. Great post! My grandmother had a similar bracelet - except the charms were shaped like a girl's or a boy's head. Since my four siblings and I were her only grandchildren, when she passed away, my mother got the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete